Ministry Advantage is a full service business solution provider serving more than 2,000 ministries and schools from various non-profit organizations in all 50 states.

Our mission is to exist to serve by providing an integrated and seamless approach to all business administrative needs.

As a leader in ministry, your time is too valuable to be burdened with the details of day-to-day business affairs. Ministry Advantage was established to come alongside ministries as their partner in these responsibilities. President, Jim Ketring, attributes Ministry Advantage’s growth to the basic core belief of existing to serve the ministry. Each team member’s commitment to this value cultivates long-lasting relationships with our clients which gives each ministry the confidence that their needs are a top priority.

Find out more

Property & Liability

Workers Compensation

Group Health

Foreign Liability & Travel

Key Person Life & Disability

Payroll & HR Solutions

Legal Assistance

Financial Services

Loss Control / Risk Management

General Information

Bank Information

Please enter the full address.
ex: 123 Main St. San Diego, CA 92123

Certificate Holder / Loss Payee

Certificate Holder To Be Named

(Description of activity or property address)

Fields marked with a * are required.

Church Details

Location Details

Employee Details

Preventing Sexual Misconduct

For information on Preventing Sexual Misconduct, click here.

Other Risk Management Resources

Further Risk Management Resources can be found by clicking on one of the logos below.

If your insurance is with Philadelphia Insurance Companies please click this logo to link to their website:

If you are not a member of their website signing up is really easy. Please click here to join.

  • Once you have set up an account you will be directed to the My PHLY page.
  • Scroll down to where you see LOSS CONTROL in the left navigation bar and click on it.
  • In the middle of the page you’ll find a drop down menu bar. Scroll through it until you find RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS and there you will find everything you need pertaining to your church’s risk management.

If your insurance is with GuideOne Insurance please click this logo to link to their SafeChurch website. It is full of great risk management resources for your church.

If you are not a member of SafeChurch please click here to join.

For a PDF with step-by-step instructions for creating an account on SafeChurch click here.

For help signing up or navigating the above websites, please feel free to call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-888-288-9953 and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Church Details

Claim Details

Vehicle Details

* Skip if this section does not apply

Contact Details

Ministry Advantage

P.O. Box 27780
San Diego, CA 92198-1780

Tel: 888-288-9953
Fax: 866-214-6667

CA License # OD35091

Q. Where can I find my policy number?

A. Your policy number is located in the folder that we send you with your policy renewal information in it. It’s usually on the very first page of the policy right behind our Ministry Advantage ‘Thank You’ letter. If you still can’t find it, or do not have the policy available, you can always call us at 1-888-288-9953.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Auto Policy:

Q. Our ministry is planning on going to Mexico for a Missions Trip; does our auto policy cover us while we are in Mexico?

A. No. You will need to purchase temporary auto coverage at the Mexican border for your vehicle to be covered.

Q. Does my Insurance Carrier automatically send proof of auto coverage to the DMV?

A. Yes.

Q. We have a retreat and some of the members going are driving their personal vehicles and are providing rides to some of the other members that are going on the retreat. Who’s insurance is responsible for covering the people and the vehicle?

A. The owner’s insurance is primary; however, if they do not have enough coverage on their own policy to cover the persons in their vehicle then the ministry’s policy would be secondary and help with the damages.

Q. What is a passenger endorsement?

A. Drivers operating a bus or van that is designed, used, or maintained for carrying more than 10 passengers, including the driver, are required to obtain a passenger endorsement. This endorsement will be printed on the back of the drivers commercial drivers license showing that they have completed the test required to legally able to drive under the above definition.

Q. What are acceptable driver requirements?

A. In order for a driver to be approved, the following criteria must be met:

  1. Driving Record Guidelines
    1. Max of 1 moving violation in the last 3 years in combination with one at fault accident.
    2. Max of 2 moving violations in the last 3 years with no at fault accidents.
    3. Max of 2 at fault accidents in the last 3 years with no moving violations.
    4. No speeding over 80 miles per hour.
    5. All Drivers must be licensed for at least 3 years
  2. Age Requirements
    • Philadelphia’s age requirements are 25 – 74
    • GuideOne’s age requirements are 25 – 70
  3. As respects to drivers under 25 years old, the following guidelines apply:
    • No drivers under 21 years old.
    • Drivers between the ages of 21 and 25 will be considered so long as:
      • No driving of 15 passenger vans.
      • Clean MVR.
      • Valid Driver’s license in effect for at least 3 years.
  4. No more than 25% of drivers should be under the age of 25 or over the age of 74.

Any driver with any of the following in the last 3 years is unacceptable:

  1. Suspension or revocation for other than failure to pay fines.
  2. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  3. Careless driving.
  4. Negligent homicide arising out of the use of a motor vehicle.
  5. Operating during a period of revocation or suspension.
  6. Using a motor vehicle for the commission of a felony.
  7. Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
  8. Operation of a motor vehicle while unlicensed.
  9. Speed contests.
  10. Any other criminal use of a motor vehicle.

Frequently Asked Questions about Workers Comp:

Q. What are the mandatory postings for WC?

A. You must post the “notice to employees” poster in a conspicuous place at the work site. It shall be posted in both English and Spanish where there are Spanish-speaking employees. This poster provides employees with information on your workers’ compensation coverage and where to get medical care for work injuries

Q. As a ministry are we required to carry WC?

A. Yes, most states require employers to have workers’ compensation insurance if they have one or more employees.  “Employee” means every person, including aliens and minors, rendering actual service for an employer, whether gratuitously or for wages, pay or compensation.

Q. Do we require WC for volunteers?

A. A WC policy can include, but does is not require volunteers.

Q. What is the definition of a volunteer?

A. Labor Code typically defines volunteers as an individual performing services freely and without coercion for a civic, humanitarian or charitable purpose to a public agency or non-profit organization.